Wednesday 7 March 2018

Geumganggo, the real hero





I am not having withdrawal symptoms for the first time! I have had them for Boy over Flowers, Doctor Stranger (Only he was a very lovely stranger), Healer, K2, I remember you. Well, basically, for all the Korean dramas I watch. I am just too invested in them. But this is the first time that these heightened withdrawal symptoms are coupled with trauma. Too Much Trauma. The last episode of A Korean Odyssey aired and I was traumatized for life.
The opening shot: the Great Sage just lying on the table and heaven people gathered around him. I was scared.



Some minutes into the episode, he meets three kids and gets a flashback of Jin Seon Mi. I gasp.


Ma Wang said Son Oh Gong’s memories are all fragmented. I stopped breathing.



He survived only because of Geumganggo. I cried.



His heart aches and he doesn’t know why. I died.



I have had roller coaster rides before. But all in one one-hour eleven minutes final episode? This was the first.

If it was a roller coaster ride because of Son Oh Gong then it was a Ferris wheel ride with Ma Wang. Breath of fresh air. Such sweetness. Caring for Son Oh Gong. Keeping information from the Goddamn heavens (so Badass)



 in order to make sure the Great Sage is able to meet Jin Seon Mi again.




Figuring out who his son is and keeping an eye out for him.


Even Ah Sa Nyeo, by the end, was so pitiful. In fact, not pitiful, but sad. All I could see in her end was the end of the beloved Buja. The saddest part, PK had to burn her.


The two perfect things happened though in this drama:

  • Kang Dae Sung, locked in the sarcophagus, buried deep in the ocean.





  •  Oh Gong Nim gaining his memories back and telling his love to wait for her in the Netherlands.


Last shot: Oh Gong Oh Gong car making its way down the most aesthetics road all the way probably to the Netherlands.



The ending is perfect if this was Season 1 and Season 2 was on the way. There has to be a SEASON 2. Even if it’s a web series, I don’t friggin care. I just need more romance between them. They need to tell me how HE FINDS HER. HOW HE RESCUES HER. HOW HE BRINGS HER BACK. AND OF COURSE, THEIR ALWAYS HAPPENING MARRIAGE. I WANT THAT. I FRIGGIN NEED THAT.


Rant. Over. Thank you very much

1 comment:

  1. cheap oakley sunglasses, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of cheap men oakley sunglasses, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete